Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Engaged Groom

I don't really know how involved typical grooms are in their wedding planning. Maybe some help with addressing invitations, or the typical transportation/honeymoon/music tradition. I have an "Engaged Groom" on my hands.

TJ has been involved in EVERY aspect of the wedding, ok, I take that back, I picked out my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses. He has been to every vendor meeting (over 10 so far), had input on the flowers, centerpieces, chair covers, and attended a wedding invitation class held at Archivers. We have worked on invitation wording, fonts, and margins. He has researched the honeymoon, booked the flights, and found the average weather forecast. I don't think there is one aspect of the wedding that he hasn't helped me with (or am I helping him?).

We both have strong opinions and we make sure to let each other know :) Plus, we want the wedding to be awesome! I guess it's nice to have someone as involved as TJ is...then I can always take a break if I need.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a keeper to me! Keep up the good work TJ!:)
    -becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how John was-he and I made every decision together, he went to every vendor with me (except maybe flowers-because we had already seen a sample of her work and knew what we wanted...). We LOVED our wedding-there is practically nothing we would change about it. I guess that's a goal-to have a beautiful wedding you loved.

    ReplyDelete