Saturday, June 11, 2011

6 weeks ago

- 6 weeks, 2 days ago we found out we were pregnant (4 weeks, 4 days).
- 4 weeks, 1 day ago we found out it might not be a viable pregnancy (6 weeks, 5 days).
- 3 weeks, 3 days ago (7 weeks, 3 days) it was confirmed that we did have a blighted ovum and that we should wait 2 weeks for a miscarriage to happen naturally. It not, then a D & C would need to be done.
- 3 weeks, 1 day ago (7 weeks, 5 days) bleeding began, and continued, until yesterday.
- 1 week, 3 days ago (9 weeks, 3 days) my doctor said that I should go ahead with the D& C. I chose to wait as I was already bleeding, and really feel like it's a natural process. Your body knows what it's doing, and I trust my body.
- 4 days ago (10 weeks, 2 days) I passed a small apple sized object out of my body (frightening). I felt so much relief from the cramping. This had to be it.
- 2 days ago (10 weeks, 4 days) I had a scan, and it wasn't it.
- 1 day ago I had a D & C (10 weeks, 6 days). The scariest thing I've ever had to go through in my life. I HATE surgery, especially for something like this. I hate IV's, anesthesia, and the whole hospital experience.


I will say that the staff at Central DuPage Hospital was excellent. I had the option of "twilight" or being completely under. They recommended being completely under, so I did it. I do not enjoy IV's, and the lady got me some "freezy stuff" to numb my hand before she put it in (I highly recommend the "freezy stuff" before you ever get an IV). I was in and out in less than 5 hours. I had some mild cramping, but my bleeding had almost completely stopped. This was such a relief as I had been bleeding heavier than a period for over 3 weeks.

I am currently resting at home. I'm feeling ok, a little cramping (mostly from a medication they gave me to contract my uterus). I'm on pelvic rest for 2 weeks (no baths, pool, tampons, or sex). I plan to going back to light work on Monday.

The dr said that we can try again after 3 full cycles. So, for the meantime, I'm enjoying my sushi, seafood, wine, and vacationing (July). Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber,
    I had been thinking about you the past several weeks after reading these couple of posts and April just let me know about your mom. I'm so sorry to hear. Your family is in my thoughts & prayers.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole, we really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete